Saturday, October 2, 2010

Project: Consumption

This project threw me way off because it had to be wearable. That was the hardest part about it, made me feel like I was in Project Runway =) So far I think I am going to use a white t-shirt as my canvas to create a map filled with lines and directions. I consume the roads and travel everyday from places to places so that generated this idea. I'm probably going to use staples, jewelry, and make stitches.


Will update soon!


UPDATE: Project Completion


I used masking tape and markers to create the roads onto the gray t-shirt. The overall consumption is roads/paths that we individual take in life, whether it is traveling to get to school or to class. It may seem simple but it was definitely time consuming too because I had to color the masking tape and then wait for it to dry up. Overall, this consumption project was a CHALLENGE! It sure did get everyone in class out of their comfort zone and they all did a wonderful, interesting job. Its always nice to see the finishing pieces and hear what the story is behind it.


 

1 comment: