Sunday, October 24, 2010

Project: Environmental

For this project, I don't know exactly what I am going to do until I visit Reedy Creek Park. As a kid I was connected to nature because I was always outdoor and loved playing outside. However up til this age, I am most definitely not a nature person. The kid in me grew up, I guess. When I see nature now, for example the mountains, I think is beautiful and something about it makes it so peaceful and mesmerizing. One of my ideas was making food or edible stuff out of nature. When I was little, my siblings and relatives would love to play with dirt, grass, leaves, pretty much anything green and pretend we're cooking or making food with mud and it was always cool to see what each of us could make out of it. Note: We never ate it, don't worry =)

UPDATE

I can't say how much this project took me by surprise because every idea I came up with just didn't seem right or good or even to what I hope it would be. In the end, I talked to Vivian about the project and we both decided to collaborate together. We discussed things we did as kids and realized we loved to make snow angels so we thought of the idea of using leaves to make the wings onto the ground. We choose to use 2 different colors because the leaves on the ground were already brown or dead looking and how cool would it be to make the ground pop out with color. Some of the photos on the post is in black and white with the hint of colors from the leaves.










1 comment:

  1. I liked this project. It seemed like a big step for you both. I am glad you worked together and took a risk.

    ReplyDelete