Thursday, October 7, 2010

Daily Class Notes: Malena Bergmann

We had a class guest speaker this week who was Malena Bergmann. When I first saw her visual art at the Light Factory I thought it was interesting despite not understanding what it was or the meaning behind it. It was great that she told the class how hard it was to create the whole thing even though something that looked so simple could take forever and be hard. I would have never thought it would be that much to create an almost 13minute art but once she told us how much the film was, it made sense why it was so much. I love that she came up with the idea because she had a dream and that she incorporated Mythology a lot into it.

I think as artist we should definitely go out of our comfort level, take risks and try new things. We'll never know if we like it or not or if it could turn into another career.

No comments:

Post a Comment