Thursday, December 9, 2010

Project: Open

I'm a little blank with this project, maybe 'cos its so open. One of my idea is based on using eyes. Growing up, I would hear things like, "The eyes tell a lot about a person or how they feel." "Beauty is in the eye's of the beholder." So I thought what better way to showcased the eyes and emotions/feelings it brings out in people by using photos of people I know and just using the eye area. I would crop around the eye area and create a collage of "eyes" in the letter "I". It would be done in Photoshop and in black and white. So far this is my idea. I'll post up the process work soon.

update 2:

I decided to use photography as my medium, kind of like its my "eyes"
I used 2 old photos of myself and made it "2 into 1" photo. It's kind of hard explaining it in words unless you see the result but I'll try my best to explain it right here. The 2 photo will be cut up and when the viewer look at it to the left side, they'll see one photo, but when they view it on the right, they'll see a different photo. The 1st photo is actually a picture of me being photograph and the 2nd is actually me photographing the viewer. So it goes back to photography being my "eyes" The 1st photo is like the viewer's eye/photo of me, and the 2nd is me seeing/photographing them (viewers). Make sense? I'll be posting the finishing piece soon!

1 comment:

  1. The eyes can be cliche in art. Try to show us something we have not seen before!

    ReplyDelete